Monday, September 16, 2013

Distant Shores by Kristin Hannah

 
 
Distant Shores  by Kristin Hannah
Published by Random House Trade
 
 
Author's Summary:
"Elizabeth and Jackson Shore married young, raised two daughters, and weathered the storms of youth as they built a family. From a distance, there lives look picture perfect. But after the girls leave home, Jack and Elizabeth quietly drift apart. When Jack accepts a wonderful new job. Elizabeth puts her own needs aside to follow him across the country. Then tragedy turns Elizabeth's world upside down. In the aftermath, she questions everything about her life - her choices, her marriage, even her long-forgotten dreams. In a daring move that shocks her husband, friends, and daughters, she lets go of the woman she has become - and reaches out for the woman she wants to be."
 
 
Let me start this by saying I LOVE Kristin Hannah, and let me follow that up with, this was a tear jerker. The way Kristin Hannah writes is beautiful. She brings you in with so many dimensions of the story, with so many different characters, and this story was no different.
 
This book was written from both Elizabeth and Jacks view, which I loved. Elizabeth has spent the last 24 years of her life being Jack's wife and a mother to her two daughters. Jack has spent the last 24 years chasing what he saw as the dream. One day Elizabeth makes a decision that rocks both her and Jacks life. She's realized she's lost herself along the way of her and Jack's journey together. Spending years cheering on your significant other and making sure everyone else is happy, it's easy to lose yourself and your dreams.
 
As Elizabeth is finding what she feels like she's lost along 24 years of life, Jack realizes that he's probably made a huge mistake.
 
I can't tell you anymore otherwise it'd be a spoiler, and let me tell you about a spoiler....I innocently clicked on a Breaking Bad link and my world was shattered, because I hadn't gotten to watch the most recent episode. And Bing ruined it. I'm still bitter.
 
 
 
But I hope you read Distant Shores, or something by Kristin Hannah because your world will be changed. I promise.
 
 
P.S. I'm still working on getting these pictures aligned with the words so please bear with me.
 
 photo signature_zpsf42a011f.jpg


No comments:

Post a Comment